Monday, November 28, 2011

Preparation

Yay my first entry in the blog! :)
I have to say the excitement is kicking in during these final days leading up to take off. I'm quite nervous at the same time because it's my first time on a Missions trip. I really look forward to every aspect of it though, ranging from the spiritual growth, the service, cultural experience to the food. I'm really passionate about working with children so it's a privilege for me to be a part of the undoubtedly refreshing experience that God is preparing us for.

I think the fact that we have such a fabulous team makes it so much easier to tackle any challenges that we face. I've had soo much fun practicing for the programme so far! Can't wait to see how God continues to work in us when we get there! I can hardly sleep nowadays!

The team building day was a unique experience of its own. We discovered how well we worked as a team and how to improve the bits and bobs here and there. Other than the team building activities, the personality test was awesome! Regardless of our unique differences, any time spent with this crew is a good time!

The commissioning service was a good public start for us I reckon, just to get used to being in front of everyone. I still can't get over the amount of love and support we have from everyone, it's really encouraging! I guess it's only because we have such an awesome church family.

Time to pick up the pace with the packing. It feels so real now, I think that's what's making me so anxious. 4 sleeps to go and Africa, here we come! :)


Sharon