Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Ethan's Reflections

Ethan says...

1. What were your highlights from the trip?
Spending time with the team, music, the serenity at night and being able to spend more time focused on God.

2. What did you find hardest about the trip?
The hospital ministry (was good though)

3. What did you learn about God on this trip?
God can use suffering to strengthen you, but will make sure you can get through it.

4. What did you learn about yourself on this trip?
I am capable of doing what God wants me to, I just need to put in effort and trust in him.

5. What did you learn from being part of the team?
Everyone can bring something to the team, but to do so they must be included.

6. What did you like the most about Zambian/South African Culture?
The closeness of the community: everyone gathered for meals and devotions.

7. What thoughts about NZ Culture & Society have you had since returning?
We should change our focus away from comforts and assurances in life, and focus more on living our lives for God.

8. How is or will life be different for you now that you are back?
I am more aware of how God wants me to live, and will put more effort into trying to doing so. I am also less worried about small things, but on the big picture.